Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Sunday 2 December 2012

Hello World.

So this is where it begins for me. Or at least, for this part of the internet known as the manosphere.

Not that I'm completely new to the idea of the red pill. I think it was back in 2003 that I discovered this mysterious site known as Angry Harry, when I was what, 16? Now, I'm 25 - maybe a little older and wiser, but not by much. There's still a long way for me to go.

But being young and excitable, back then I looked up this strange thing known as "men's rights" and found it strangely interesting, even though I drifted away from it over the course of about a year. Back then, it was just Angry Harry, Men's News Daily, Stand Your Ground and a few maverick sites out there.

Now, the movement has exploded on all fronts.

I won't deny that I'm a little removed from the western world here in Singapore, but as you fellows know, traditionalism is just the opposite face of the coin of misandry. I can't say I've been personally hurt by the kind of trash that goes on in the world that requires the existence of game, the manosphere, MGTOW, MRAs, etc.

But not too long ago, I had a wake-up call, one that cut a little too close to home for my liking (I may expound on this later), and I wandered back to the scene that I'd drifted away from all this time ago and found that it'd grown so much. I'm actually thankful for what the older folks have gone through so that young 'uns like me don't have to actually walk through the flames in order to receive the wisdom others have had to scratch and scramble just to gain a sliver of.

So yes, I largely think of myself as an observer. Don't expect hugely deep analyses or philosophical musings here - I don't think I'm anywhere near qualified to posit any of those. I'm just sitting here, watching, waiting and adding my voice, because as M3 put it - a bundle of sticks is far stronger that a single one. There's actually an old Chinese story about this, only replacing sticks with chopsticks.

And it's important to remember that this is a problem that the world faces, not just the western world.

So yes, I'm The Observer.

I watch.

I'm a MGTOW.

I'm poolside and enjoying the decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment